30.12.02

Eh, we'll stick with the tender realm of fantasy: I link to these gents because Tycho's reading of the whole MAVAV situation is poetic, consice, and so completely true that there's no need to juice it up any more. In fact, I've come to respect the man a great deal for his acrobatic use of language and a sense of humor much like my own. Kudos.

"Pickering, why can't a woman be more like a man?"

I have also enjoyed Conquest, hosted by that cool guy who played a bald English monk in Babylon 5 some years ago. Last night I watched that in tandem with Mail Call, and I left the television with the sense that I had actually learned something, engaged my brain, and been entertained all at the same time. It is possible to do that without subjecting people to abject humiliation, ABC, so stop making shows about marriage contests! From what I've heard, marriage itself is quite a game anyway.

No comments: