22.2.03

Hm. Received word from another friend Back Home that she and this Citizen Soldier are truly diggin' each other. Problem is, said soldier has been deployed for Desert Storm II, with all the fear and uncertainty that instills in those who are left behind to watch. What a feeling of helpless rage, to know that the fate of the one you love is being traded precisely like a pawn by our goofy Child-President in the biggest chess game there is.

And tonight Aisling comes home to learn how to live a normal, happy life. Today was almost forcefully non-eventful, and I can't decide whether I should enjoy it now or start dreading what could come.

Wait, that's stupid. There are two basic ideas that I conduct my life by, the first and simplist being the Golden Rule. 'Yall should know that one by heart. The second I actually heard verbalized in Seven Years in Tibet wherein Brad Pitt is advised, "If there is something you can do, do it and stop worrying. If there is nothing you can do, there is no point in worrying." There is precious little that I can do to shape tomorrow beyond my own physical confines, so just let it ride, baby, and take the swells and dips as they crash over the bow.

Ahh. That's better.

No comments: