30.4.03

Some evil god or goddess has placed a timer in my brain which causes me to awaken every damned morning at 6 A.M., whether I want to or not. The first few days I was willing to put it down to freaky coincidence, but now it's really starting to get annoying. And if it's possible to transmogrify into a pig for a day, I think I just did. Adding up everything I've eaten today, I'd say it's been about 3,800 calories, almost 80 grams of protien, and I don't even wanna think about cholesterol. As the direct decendent of a twig I need every molecule I can get, but this kind of gorging is unprecedented. And I'm not even done yet! I still have to sit through The Daily Show.

Conquering the world is a bit tougher than I expected. Just as I declared war on Greece, Egypt came across the border and royally whooped up on my arse. Germany got my back, but then Russia and Babylon allied with Egypt and now I'm totally hosed. Have I mentioned this already? The combat system in Civ3 makes me want to choke something small and helpless.

"Ring a ring a rosie as the light declines... I remember Dublin city in the rare o' times..." Flogging Molly is like a force of nature, except instead of inexerably destroying the works of Men, they inexerably cause people to dance and bob their heads about in a goofy manner. Unless you hate life and all things good, you can't not have fun listening to them.

No comments: