17.4.03

I have no problem with Christians. I have no problem with Jews. I have no problem with Muslims. I have no problem, really, with any form of organised religion.

I have no problem with any organisation that provides aid and comfort to the victims of War. They are doing good work and should be supported in every way.

I have a Great Big Fucking Problem with religious aid groups that try to convert the people they're helping. This is exactly what I'm talking about. Being from the highly conservative city of Colorado Springs originally, I've had plenty of experience with religious zealots trying to run the personal lives of other people. If you're really as pious as you think you are, then the act of providing aid should be reward enough. In an environment as volatile as the Middle East, where holy wars are a part of the landscape, active proselytizing should be forbidden, out of respect for their civilization as well as common human decency.

No comments: